Geriatric Psychiatric Services
Our 12 bed, acute, inpatient program is for persons aged 50 and over, who have primary behavioral health disorders requiring acute stabilization. We are conveniently located on the campus of MUSC Health – Lancaster Medical Center.
Our goal is to provide compassionate and dignified care to meet the individual needs of each patient. We want patients to quickly return to their families and communities at their optimal level of functioning. We achieve this goal through close monitoring, medication management, group and individual therapy. We also provide education to patients and their support systems on alternative coping skills and care giving skills; as well as provide assistance in the identification of potential community resources which may be of use upon discharge.
The 24 hour National Suicide Prevention Lifeline phone number is 800-273-8255. If you or your loved one is experiencing any urgent/life threatening situations, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department.
If you have questions about a possible admission, call 803-286-1332.
The care team of our unit is a multi-disciplinary group of professionals that includes:
- Medical Director - a skilled and seasoned psychiatrist
- Unit Program Director, a psychiatric nursing staff, certified nursing assistants and mental health technicians
- DNP for management of co-existing medical conditions
- Social Workers and Discharge Planners
- Occupational Therapist and Activities Therapist
- Registered Dieticians, Speech Therapists and Physical Therapists as needed
Someone from our team Is always available to assist you and answer questions you may have. You will be treated compassionately by our team. Do not hesitate. Call today 803-286-1332.
Speak to a Behavioral Unit Care Team Member
Fill out the form below to find out more about our Services or call 803-286-1332.