Trauma Survivors Support Groups
After leaving the hospital or rehabilitation facility, the Trauma Survivors Support Group provides an opportunity that allows trauma survivors and their families to connect with other survivors. When you have experienced a major event in your life, like being injured, it is helpful to talk with others. We can learn by talking to other survivors and sharing how we deal with the challenges of recovery.
- Charleston Amputee Support Team (CAST)
- This group is design to help new amputees, veteran amputees, and their families cope with the loss of a limb. There is no charge to attend and refreshments are provided.
- 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. at Health South Rehab Hospital, 9181 Medcom Street, North Charleston
- Contact: Ricky Miller: 843-670-0484
- MUSC Trauma Center Patient and Family Snack and Chat
- Trident Head Injury Support Group (Charleston area)
- 1st Tuesday of each month, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Contact: Robert Durland: 843-882-1967
- Trident Breeze Group (South Carolina Spinal Cord Injury Association)
- Peer Support Groups are available locally.