Please note: the MUSC Health East Cooper Travel Clinic will close permanently on November 15, 2019.
Our travel medicine services help you stay healthy before, during and after a trip abroad. Yet we strive to do more than take care of our community. MUSC is also a global partner in improving the well-being of people in countries all over the world.
Why Choose Us?
Travel medicine services from MUSC Health allow you to receive more of the care you need from a team you already know and trust. Our doctors include those who specialize in protecting you against health risks you may face when traveling to other countries.
One of the best ways to avoid getting sick is by receiving vaccines (shots) for infectious diseases that are common in the area you are traveling to. Some vaccines are not available in primary care clinics, which is why it’s important to see our travel medicine experts. We learn about your health history and travel plans and then recommend the vaccines that are right for you.
We offer nearly any vaccine or other prevention you may need to protect against:
- Hepatitis A and hepatitis B
- Typhoid fever
If you become sick during your travels, our team stands ready to deliver the care you need as soon as you come home. As infectious disease experts, we work to diagnose the problem so you can start treatment as quickly as possible.
MUSC Global Health: Creating Healthier Communities All Over the World
In the U.S., many of us don’t think twice about accessing health services. Medical centers such as MUSC Health deliver specialized care from highly skilled doctors close to home. However, it’s not so easy in developing countries. These countries often lack basic necessities including clinics, medical supplies and trained medical experts.
We are making strides toward improving health and wellness in developing countries through the MUSC Center for Global Health.
Our work includes:
- Research: We are exploring new solutions to global health problems through research. Our interests include many aspects of global health, including preventive care, basic hygiene and building healthier communities. Find out how you can support our work.
- Collaboration: We are advancing the field by partnering with experts from around the globe. For example, MUSC cardiologists led a group of nearly 200 global health experts to combat heart disease in Africa. Learn more about of our efforts through our news and events.
- Education: MUSC is training the next generation of global health leaders through coursework and hands-on clinical field experiences in other countries. Read more about education and training.
- Service: MUSC doctors, nurses and medical students are improving care in developing countries through medical missions. Our efforts include educating local health professionals, delivering medical care and establishing services that meet long-term community needs. View an interactive map to learn more about where we work.