Telehealth is an extension of the same high quality care patients also receive during in-person visits with specialists. Outpatient telehealth clinics provide convenient access for patients in more locations. MUSC is partnered with affiliate hospitals to provide specialty services in Orangeburg and Murrells Inlet.
- Can my family be present for the consultation?
Yes, we encourage your family to be present for the consult.
- Does my family have to be present for the consultation?
No, although we encourage someone from your family to be here, it is not required.
- How long will the consultation last?
Consults can last an average of 30 to 35 minutes, MUSC will make every effort to answer all of your questions during the consultation.
- Will I be able to see the doctor?
Yes, and the doctor will be able to see you. You will be able to hear, talk, and see the doctor.
- Will I receive a separate bill from MUSC or the doctor?
Yes, you will receive a bill from the MUSC doctor who performed the consult.
- Will anyone be assisting the doctor during the consult?
Yes, the nurse at your clinic will be present for the consult and assist with the exam.