First Step is an eight-week lifestyle change program that offers weight loss assistance through individual weekly meetings with our registered dietitians, exercise physiologists and behavioral specialists. It is appropriate for people of all weight ranges. The program will help you make changes in activity level, eating practices and other behaviors related to weight control. We emphasize lifestyle change, which means we're going to help you make healthy changes that you can actually sustain long after you complete the program, thus enabling you to maintain a healthier weight for the rest of your life. First Step promotes a significant yet gradual and long-lasting weight loss.
About the Program
Individualized meal plans and exercise plans.
- Beginning and ending: lab tests, body composition measurements, body circumference measurements and blood pressure measurements.
- Lifestyle change curriculum/manual.
- Fitbit Zip™ (wearable activity sensor).
All inclusive: $785
- $50 (pay-in-full)
- $30 (MUSC and State employees/spouses/retirees)
- $30 (Military personnel/spouses and Veterans/spouses)
- 10 percent Bring a Buddy (enroll within 30 days)
Ways to Pay
You can choose to pay for your weight loss program four different ways.
- At enrollment: $250, bring payment to your first class or pay online by credit card
- Week 3: $200
- Week 5: $175
- Week 7: $160
If you will be paying your first installment when you come to class, please register now using our online form. If you will be paying your first installment with credit card, then please fill out our credit card payment form.
Available to MUSC/MUHA/MUSCP employees/spouses only. This plan includes the $30 MUSC employee discount.
- $62.92/month for 12 months (deducted from 12 or 24 paychecks, depending on how frequently you're paid).
- Sign up for payroll deduction and then you'll have a chance to print the program registration form.
Pay by credit card now. When the payment is complete, you'll have a chance to print the program registration form.
Pay at the WMC Clinic
If you would like to pay for your program when you visit the WMC Clinic, please fill out the online form. You will be able to print the registration information and bring it with you when you visit the WMC office.
If you have questions regarding payment or discounts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.