Come Grow With Us!
- Our courses help medical and community interpreters develop their professional skills, build confidence, and gain practical techniques to apply on-the-job in a variety of interpreted encounters.
- Our courses are dynamic, skills-based sessions that focus on enhancing participants' knowledge and performance.
- Our courses are pre-approved to offer continuing education credits.
- A typical session includes open discussion, role plays, skills practice, small-group activities, case studies and video vignettes.
- Our courses are designed for and by healthcare interpreters with many years of industry experience.
Bridging the Gap
A comprehensive 40-hour certificate program in Health Care preparing interpreters to to work professionally in medical and healthcare related settings. The Program aligns with the International Medical Interpreters Association (IMIA) and the National Council on Interpreting in Health Care (NCIHC), and addresses in detail the process of National Certification for Medical Interpreters. Learn more about our Bridging the Gap class.
Breaking Silence (Victim Services)
This three-day workshop focuses on specific techniques, strategies and self-care practices for interpreters who encounter trauma in any setting. The workshop will highlight mental health, medical and legal services. The techniques explored can be applied to healthcare, schools and social service settings. Learn more about our Breaking Silence (Victim Services) class.
This one-day workshop will help interpreters understand medical terminology and develop strategies to interpret it correctly. Participants will learn about the basic components of English medical terminology, and how to use them to construct meaning. The program introduces most common prefixes and suffixes, as well as roots that are related to the human anatomy. Learn more about our medical terminology class.
This one-day workshop offers fast-paced, dynamic practice in a vital skill: note-taking for interpreters. Developed by a leading national expert, the program adapts Rozan's method for conference interpreter note-taking to meet the needs of medical, community and general interpreters. Learn more about our note taking class.
This interactive one-day workshop is designed to prepare experienced medical interpreters to work in palliative care settings. The training covers topics such as general information about Palliative Care, terminology, impact of emotions, cultural competencies in Health and Human Services to name a few. Learn more about our palliative care class.