At MUSC Health’s Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgery Center, our goals are simple: to restore your form and function, get you back to your daily life, and help you love what you see in the mirror. We combine deep expertise with the latest techniques to help you achieve the results you desire.
Plastic Surgery & Reconstruction: Why Choose Us?
At MUSC Health, you have access to the full range of plastic and reconstructive surgery services you need. Whether you are recovering from illness or injury or feeling self-conscious about aspects of your appearance, we are here to help. Our expertise spans head to toe and our reputation for exceptional care draws people from across South Carolina.
Highlights of our program include:
- Expertise: All of our surgeons are board-certified and fellowship-trained, having completed specialty training in areas such as facial surgery or hand surgery. This level of expertise ensures you receive the best possible care.
- Innovators in the field: Our robust research efforts are advancing the field of plastic surgery. We regularly publish our findings in major medical journals. Our experts are often invited to present at national conferences.
- Coordinated care: Our plastic surgeons partner with equally experienced MUSC Health specialists for complex conditions. For cancer, our plastic surgeons work alongside experts from the Hollings Cancer Center to help you get the best possible care. We coordinate every step, so you get the treatments you need as soon as you need them. Read more about Hollings Cancer Center.
- Sophisticated techniques: We are among the few programs in South Carolina specializing in microsurgery. This technique uses special technology to transplant tissue from one part of the body to another, including the arms and legs, breasts, and scalp. Read more about microsurgery.
Plastic Surgery Services
Our services include:
- Breast surgery: We deliver a broad range of surgical procedures, including breast reconstruction surgery after breast cancer. Find out more about breast surgery.
- Facial surgery: You may need facial surgery to repair injuries after a serious accident. Find out more about facial surgery.
- Hand and wrist surgery: We use surgical techniques to relieve pain and correct abnormalities. Read more about hand and upper extremity plastic surgery.
- Pediatric plastic surgery: Your child has access to the complete range of surgical procedures, including cleft lip and palate repair, to relieve breathing problems.
- Reconstructive surgery: If a health condition is affecting your appearance or ability to perform everyday tasks, reconstructive surgery can help.
- Skin cancer surgery: We help you maintain a natural-looking appearance after skin cancer.
Cosmetic Surgery & Aesthetic Services
Our cosmetic surgery and aesthetic services include:
- Body contouring: This nonsurgical procedure smooths out unwanted folds and pockets of skin, giving you a slimmer silhouette. Read more about body contouring.
- Eye rejuvenation: We offer many options, including eyelid lifts, to help you achieve a more youthful appearance. Read more about oculoplastic and reconstructive surgery.
- Facial rejuvenation: We offer treatments that minimize the signs of aging. Find out more about facial rejuvenation.
- Skin care: We help you take care of your skin with a special selection of skin care products, as well as injectables such as Botox®, Dysport® and fillers. Learn more about skin care.