Focus-23 and Focus-27 are simply extended versions of our Focus-15 program. These two variations of the Focus-15 program allow you to extend how long you follow the more structured, meal replacement-based phases of the program. Focus-23 and Focus-27 allow you to continue on a mostly meal replacement-based diet for longer than you would on the Focus-15 program. As with the Focus-15 program, these extended programs also integrate the adoption of an active lifestyle through both an exercise program and active leisure. Gradually, as the programs progress, there is a shift towards a primarily food-based meal plan that leads to more moderate and sustainable weight loss. Patients attend weekly individual appointments that rotate among the clinical specialties (dietary, exercise, and behavioral).
(Focus-23: Weeks 1 through 16; Focus-27: Weeks 1 through 20)
For this first phase of the program, your diet consists of approximately 1040 to 1200 calories per day, derived primarily from nutrition bars and shakes; you also consume one highly structured, food-based meal per day.
(Focus-23: Weeks 17 and 18; Focus-27: Weeks 21 and 22)
Following the initial phase of the program, you “step down” to a partial meal replacement-based plan with two highly structured, food-based meals per day.
(Focus-23: Weeks 19 through 23; Focus-27: Weeks 23 through 27)
At the end of 18 or 22 weeks you meet with a registered dietitian who develops a nutritionally balanced diet designed to meet your individual long-term nutritional requirements. Note that you have the option of extending the duration of each phase of the program, pending approval by clinical staff.
About the Program
- Twenty four or 28 (depending on program) weekly individual consultations with registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, and behavioral specialists.
- Three additional follow-up consultations with registered dietitians, exercise physiologists, or behavioral specialists (your choice); you decide the frequency of these visits, although they are to be used at least once per month.
- Fitbit Zip (wearable activity tracker)
- Calorie Book
- Curriculum Book
- Labs (i.e. blood tests) at beginning and end of program (and midway, when clinically appropriate)
- Shakes and Bars for 18 weeks (Focus-23) or 22 weeks (Focus-27), as stipulated in dietary prescription
Focus-23 (all inclusive): $2125
Focus-27 (all inclusive): $2550
- $100 (pay-in-full)
- $50 (MUSC and State employees/spouses/retirees)
- $50 (Military personnel/spouses and Veterans/spouses)
- 10 percent Bring a Buddy (enroll within 30 days)
Ways to Pay
You can choose to pay for your weight loss program four different ways:
Installment Plan Option
- At enrollment: $450 — bring payment to your first class or pay online by credit card
- Week 3: $400
- Week 7: $400
- Week 11: $400
- Week 15: $400
- Week 19: $400 (Focus-27 only)
If you will be paying your first installment when you come to class, please register now using our online form. If you will be paying your first installment with credit card, then please fill out our credit card form for the Focus-23 program or for the Focus-27 program.
Payroll Deduction Option
Available to MUSC/MUHA/MUSCP employees/spouses only. This plan includes the $50 MUSC employee discount.
- Focus-23: $166.66/month for 12 months (deducted from 12 or 24 paychecks, depending on how frequently you're paid). Sign up for payroll deduction for Focus-23.
- Focus-27: $200.00/month for 12 months (deducted from 12 or 24 paychecks, depending on how frequently you're paid). Sign up for payroll deduction for Focus-27.
- Once you sign up, you'll have a chance to print the program registration form.
Credit Card Option
Pay at the WMC Clinic
If you would like to pay for your program when you visit the WMC Clinic, please fill out the online form. You will be able to print the registration information and bring it with you when you visit the WMC office.
If you have questions regarding payment or discounts, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.