MUSC Health CareLink
MUSC Health CareLink provides direct, real-time, view-only access to the electronic medical records of patients who are referred to MUSC Health. A community practice provider (or a member of his or her office staff) with access to MUSC Health CareLink can review clinical data across the continuum of care at MUSC Health, including all MUSC Health hospitals and their emergency departments (adult, pediatric, and the Chest Pain Center).
With MUSC Health CareLink, community providers and their staff can place referral/consult orders for their patients. The MUSC Health central scheduling office will contact the patient within 24 hours to schedule. In addition, CareLink providers can contact MUSC Health providers directly via In Basket, Epic's internal communication platform. This tool enables MUSC Health to automatically send event notifications such as admissions, discharges and transfers, and other patient events to keep referring providers up to date. Likewise, community providers can create and route a secure In Basket message directly to MUSC Health providers.
Clinical Information Available
- Appointments - a scheduling dashboard provides information on all patient appointments, including cancellations.
- Lab reports
- Radiology reports - to include images
- Special studies - e.g., EKG, PFT, echocardiogram, and catheterization
- Medications - current, discontinued, expired, stopped, and one-time administration
- Letters - to include provider referrals, appointment cancellations, no-show notifications, etc.
- Encounters - to include progress notes, telephone calls, nursing notes, and discharge summaries. Note: MUSC Health psychiatric providers can limit access to sensitive documentation. To request these records, contact the Health Information Services at 843-792-3881.
- Insurance coverage and benefits activity
- Other miscellaneous information - to include anything scanned into MUSC Health's electronic health records and attached to the patient record.