Checking into Lancaster Medical Center can be quick and stress-free – if you take a little time to prepare. To reduce your registration time, please have your physician orders, insurance cards, a picture ID, and your Social Security number with you when reporting to the hospital for any and all exams or admissions.
Lancaster Medical Center offers patient registration kiosks to help expedite the check-in process. These kiosks allow our staff to expedite the time it takes to get you registered in our system. If you need assistance with kiosk sign in, a care team member will be happy to assist you.
What Do I Need to Register?
- Insurance Card(s).
- Picture Identification such as a driver’s license or state-issued ID.
- Physician Order (for tests, etc.).
- Managed Care Referral.
- Admissions: 5:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Emergency Department: 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Outpatient Surgery: Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled time to complete and process your paperwork before your preoperative testing time.
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your admissions appointment. Our staff will see you according to your appointment time in the different departments of the hospital. We strive to greet and care for each patient as soon as possible. If you are having lab work or an x-ray, you may be asked to wait a few minutes while we take care of the patients with appointments. Please be patient with us.
Remember to Bring:
- All current health insurance information, including your insurance card.
- Physician orders and prescriptions for any tests you will receive.
- Referrals from your primary care physician (if your insurer requires them).
- A payment method for deductibles and co-payments.
- Your advance directive, if you have one.
- Your driver’s license or a photo ID.
- Information on previous surgeries or medical care.
During your registration, information and authorization will be needed for your medical record and for financial arrangements.
For more information, or if you're unsure of anything we require, please call 803-286-1831.
All patients are admitted to Lancaster Medical Center without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, economic status, educational background, or the source of payment for care.