The Medical Center offers a wide variety of insurance plans. The Medical Center Human Resources benefits specialists have put together some general guidelines to help you better understand your options:
- 2018 Health Insurance Comparison Chart including Vision and Dental Premiums (PDF)
- Public Employee Benefits Authority - Insurance
- State Dental Plan
- Dental Plus Plan
- Basic Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Long Term Disability
- South Carolina Disability Retirement
- Basic Life Insurance Program
- Optional Life Insurance Program
- Dependent Life Insurance Program
- Retiree Group Life Insurance
- PORS & SCRS Death Benefit
The Federal law known as the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) of 1985 provides the option to continue group insurance coverage after a separation of employment or a loss of eligibility to carry insurance.
If you need more information or have any questions, you can find the list of provider web sites, online directories, and phone numbers on the Benefits Contacts page.