MEDULINE is MUSC Health’s consultation line exclusively for health care professionals. A call to MEDULINE connects you with MUSC faculty members who are widely recognized as experts in their fields and can provide specialized advice and care.
- Discuss patients or patient-related problems.
- Share ideas with colleagues.
- Make referrals.
- Schedule appointments.
- Arrange immediate patient transfers.
- Discuss procedures.
- Seek advice about medications.
- Determine the availability of research protocols.
- Get emergency information.
When calling MEDULINE to refer a patient for treatment at the MUSC Medical Center, please have the following information available:
- Referring physician's full name, address and telephone numbers.
- Patient's full name, address and telephone number(s) and guardian information, if appropriate.
- A brief medical history of the patient, including medical procedures already completed.
- Insurance information on the patient, or information on who or which organization will accept financial responsibility for the patient's treatment.