Questions to Ask Your Oncologist
You’ll likely have many questions related to your diagnosis and treatment. Writing them down is a great way to remember questions during your next appointment. We will make sure to answer all of them. We also recommend bringing a family member or friend to take notes, listen to the discussion, and provide support.
Here are some of the most common questions we answer.
About Radiation Therapy
- Why do I need radiation therapy?
- What kind of radiation therapy will I receive?
- How can radiation therapy help me?
- How many weeks will my course of radiation therapy last?
- How can I learn more about radiation therapy?
About Side Effects
- What kinds of side effects should I expect during my course of radiation therapy?
- What will you do to help me manage these side effects?
- Will these side effects go away after I finish radiation therapy?
- What kinds of late side effects should I expect after I finish radiation therapy?