Exiting Retirement Plans

If you participate in retirement through the Medical University Hospital Authority, (MUHA), see below for information related to options after you leave employment.

If you participate in the State Pension, (SCRS)

If you wish to rollover or take a distribution from your SCRS account, please go to Member Access to submit your request:


Please note; if you take your funds out of the State pension, (refund or if you rollover to another qualified retirement account), you forfeit your State pension. PEBA Retirement will deduct 20% mandatory taxes. If you are under the age of 59 ½, you could be imposed with a 10% penalty for early withdrawal. PEBA Retirement will release your funds 90 days after your separation date.

If you participate in the State ORP

You can keep your ORP retirement funds on account for as long as you wish, or you can rollover to another qualified retirement account or you can take a distribution. Please reach out to your ORP vendor if you wish to rollover your funds or take a distribution. If you take a distribution, your funds will be subject to the mandatory taxes.

ORP Vendors:

AIG Retirement Services (formerly VALIC)

AIG website or 800-448-2542
• Representatives: Crystal Avant or 843-300-8767, Ryan Radloff or 541-735-0739 and Mark Taylor or 843-300-2775

Empower Retirement (formerly MassMutual)

Empower/ MassMutual website or 1800-743-5274
• Representative: Hugh Kinlaw or 413-209-2128


TIAA website or 1800-842-2252
• Representative: Terry Pait or 704-988-4882


Voya website or 866-373-5338
• Representative: Michael McFaul or 843-754-3814

If you participate in the Sharp Retirement Plan:

After you separate from employment, please reach out to Sharp Retirement’s administrator Milliman to review your account and discuss your vesting schedule.
Call the Benefits Service Center at (866) 767-1212 or use Web Chat on MillimanBenefits.com. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern time. https://www.millimanbenefits.com/LogOn.aspx