Approximately 40,000 anesthetics are administered each year at MUSC Health for a wide variety of surgical procedures. Our physicians:
- Evaluate and optimize a patients’ medical conditions prior to anesthesia or sedation for a procedure.
- Prescribe and carry out an anesthetic plan during their procedure.
- Ensure adequate pain relief and resolution of all anesthetic effects after the procedure is complete.
In order to support the complex, state of the art surgical and imaging procedures performed at MUSC, our faculty have expertise in several sub-specialties, including:
- Acute Pain
- Ambulatory Anesthesia
- Cardiothoracic Anesthesia
- General/Vascular Anesthesia
- Gynecologic and Genitourinary Anesthesia
- Neuroanesthesia (Neurosurgical & interventional neuroradiologic)
- Non O.R. Anesthesia
- Obstetrical Anesthesia
- Orthopaedic/Regional Anesthesia
- Pediatric Anesthesia
- Pediatric Heart Team
- Transplant Anesthesia