MUSC Health has many resources to help you improve your healthy weight. You can read and print information we have gathered on this site. We have audio and video information if you prefer. You can also learn how others have followed these recommendations and reached their personal goals.
Overall, this is your journey. We are here to help you become healthier and enjoy a higher quality of daily living. Let us know how to help.
There are several key daily behaviors to help you lose body fat. These daily points include:
- Staying physically active
- Managing the calories you eat
- Fitting your calorie goals into daily life without special foods
- How to meet your daily minimum of calories
- Getting enough water and why this is important
- Fitting your goals for fat intake into your daily life
- Spread your calories over the entire day
- Why the tracking of your eating, activity, and weight are important
- How to develop a support network in your circle of family and friends
These daily behaviors can be grouped in four categories.
More About Healthy Weight
Listen to More Information
Enroll in a Program
MUSC Health Weight Management Center Programs and Services offer a full range of programs to serve the different needs of different people.
Read About the Harm of Being Overweight
Not convinced? Here are the risks of being overweight.
If you are interested in a mobile health application for your smartphone please email (PopulationHealth@musc.edu) us your name and phone and we will contact you for access.
Research & Clinical Trial
There are opportunities to participate in clinical trials in the weight management area. Check back periodically for new volunteer opportunities.