Walk-In Clinic for Daytime Emergency Care
The emergency walk-in clinic serves both new and established patients during the day at either 8:45 a.m. or 12:45 p.m., Monday through Friday (except Tuesday morning) on the first floor of the Dental Clinic Building.
Patients at the emergency walk-in clinic are seen by College of Dental Medicine students, supervised by Dental Medicine faculty.
Children and adults ages 14 and older: 843-876-SMIL(E)
After Hours Emergency Care
After hours emergency care phone numbers for established patients:
If you are experiencing severe pain, swelling, or any life-threatening situations, please call 911 or present to the nearest Medical Emergency Room.
- Student Clinic Patients: 843-792-2123, and ask for the resident on call
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry Clinic: 843-792-2123 and ask for the AEGD resident on call
- Oral Surgery Clinic: 843-792-2123 and ask for the Oral Surgery resident on call
- Graduate Periodontics Clinics: 843-792-2123 and ask for the Periodontics resident on call
- Pediatric Dentistry Clinic: 843-792-2123 and ask for the Pediatric resident on call
- Dental Faculty Practice: 843-792-2123 and ask for the Faculty Practice member resident on call
Rendering of emergency care in no way obligates the College of Dental Medicine to assume responsibility for further treatment. If additional care is indicated following emergency treatment, patients must follow the usual screening procedures to qualify for comprehensive care.