Popular Bariatric Pureed Recipes
Pureed Heuvos Rancheros
- 1/3 c. fat free refried beans
- 1/8 c. egg beaters
- 1 tsp. cottage cheese
- 1 or 2 tbsp. salsa
- Spread refried beans in microwaveable small bowl, making a well in the middle.
- Put eggs in well, top with cottage cheese, and spoon salsa around.
- Microwave 1 minute and stir eggs and cheese mixture.
- Microwave another minute.
- 5 oz. tuna canned in water, drained
- 16 oz. canned white beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Garlic and salt to taste
- In a blender or food processor with the knife blade attached, whirl the tuna, beans, olive oil, lemon juice, and parsley until smooth.
- Add garlic and salt to taste.
- 1 to 12 oz. package fresh or frozen, shelled edamame
- 3 to 4 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 c. water
- 1/4 c. tahini (sesame seed paste)
- zest from 1 lemon
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. fresh cilantro (or 1/2 tsp. dried cilantro)
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- Boil the soybeans and whole garlic cloves in salted water for 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- In a food processor (or blender), puree the edamame, garlic, water, tahini, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, cumin, cilantro, pepper flakes, and 1 tbsp. of parsley until smooth.
- With motor running, slowly add in olive oil until combined.
- Transfer to a serving dish
- 1/2 c. of non-fat, light vanilla yogurt
- 1 c. frozen, mixed berries
- 1/2 c. Better n’ Eggs All Whites (not fresh eggs)
- 1/2 c. ice
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth
- 1/2 c. frozen, chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 c. marinara sauce
- 1 c. fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated, parmesan cheese
- Mix first 3 ingredients.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.
- Microwave until melted, about 2 minutes.
Bariatric Friendly Meals
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 3/4 c. fresh white mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 c. shallots (chopped)
- 2 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1/4 c. egg substitute
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- 1/2 c. low-fat swiss cheese (diced)
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Spray microwavable casserole dish with butter-flavored cooking spray
- Chop mushrooms and shallots and add to dish, cover, and microwave on high for 1 minute
- Place frozen spinach and water on top of mushroom mixture. Cover, and microwave on high for 3.5 minutes
- Remove from microwave and drain if too much liquid remains
- In a separate bowl, combine egg substitute and milk, stir in diced cheese and nutmeg
- Stir spinach, mushrooms and shallots to combine; pour egg/milk/cheese mixture on top, cover, and microwave on high for 4 minutes
- Let cool and slice in squares
- 2 c. cooked medium shrimp
- 1 c. each halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 c. chopped cucumber
- 1/4 c. chopped green onions (green and white part)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Combine all ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- 1/4 c. pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp. Splenda brown sugar
- 4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 4 lemon wedges
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a zip-top bag
- Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning occasionally
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove fish from bag, discard marinade
- Combine artificial sweetener, SF maple syrup, chili powder, grated lemon rind, ground cumin, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Rub mixture over the fish
- Place in an 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray
- Bake at 400°F for 12 minutes (or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork)
- Serve with wedge of lemon if desired
- 1 small eggplant
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 15 oz.container fat free ricotta cheese
- 1.5 c. fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 can (12 oz.) Hunt’s spaghetti sauce
- 4 oz. Extra Lean Ground Beef (96 percent)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- Peel the eggplant and cut into pieces 1/2 to 3/8 inch slices.
- Place the slices in a glass baking dish with 1/2 c. vegetable broth.
- Bake at 375°F until tender.
- Place on paper towels and pat dry.
- Combine the spaghetti sauce and ground beef.
- Thoroughly mix ricotta, egg, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Coat a 9”x9” glass baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Layer the ingredients in the pan twice; first sauce, then ricotta, then eggplant, then mozzarella (and repeat).
- Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until mozzarella on top starts to brown.
- 2 tsp. Splenda brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1.5 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. chile-garlic sauce (blend of ground chiles, garlic, and vinegar)
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1.5 lbs. pork tenderloin, trimmed of the fat
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Mix artificial sweetener, sugar-free maple syrup, coriander, cumin, salt, chile sauce, and 1 tsp oil in a small bowl to form a smooth paste.
- Rub the paste over the pork.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork; cook, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Roast the pork until just cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes (an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 155°F).
- Let stand, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
- Carve the pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
Bariatric Friendly Sides
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2.5 tsp. artificial sweetener
- 2 c. diced seeded watermelon
- 2 c. diced cucumber
- 1/2 c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 c. unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- Heat a small dry skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add coarsely chopped nuts and cook, stirring, until lightly browned and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Stir together vinegar and artificial sweetener in a medium bowl until the artificial sweetener dissolves.
- Add watermelon, cucumber and cilantro; toss gently to combine.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts.
- 1 head cauliflower, rinsed, trimmed and cut into 2 to 3 inch chunks
- 1 to 2 shallots, sliced 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1.5 cups broth, chicken or vegetable
- 2 oz. fat-free cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 oz. grated reduced fat cheese for garnish (cheddar, feta or Parmesan)
- Sauté shallots in olive oil in a 4 qt. pan, until soft but not browned.
- Add cauliflower and broth, cover pan, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly (10 to 20 minutes.)
- Place cauliflower and cream cheese in blender. Do not fill blender more than 2/3 full
- Cover with lid and puree until smooth.
- Carefully remove lid and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide into 4 servings and garnish with grated cheese.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese
- 4 mint leaves
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Peel and dice the cucumber and dice the red onion and add to medium bowl.
- Mince the mint leaves and add to bowl.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add to mixture.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Add lemon juice and serve