Our caring physicians and midwives are here to help you have a healthy pregnancy and delivery.
The MUSC Women’s Health comprehensive pregnancy team aims to provide that every woman has the personalized quality care that she deserves. Recently, when a woman whose husband was serving in the military overseas, the MUSC team shared the birth of their child via Facetime.
We're Baby Friendly®! We’re committed to upholding the highest standards of care for your little one, and we have the designation to prove it! Enabling rooming in with your baby and breastfeeding within one hour of birth are just a few aspects of this important initiative by the World Health Organization and UNICEF.
Should complications surface during your delivery, we have the leading maternal fetal medicine doctors and pediatric specialists available through our Advanced Fetal Care Center.
By integrating the best of MUSC Women’s Health and MUSC Children's Hospital programs, our Advanced Fetal Care Center has been designed to deliver the highest quality of care and patient-centered experiences, including early pediatric sub-specialty evaluations, multidisciplinary treatment, personal counseling and support, and seamless care transitions from prenatal to postnatal life.
Our medical expertise runs both deep and broad at MUSC Women’s Health. Some of the conditions treated by our Advanced Fetal Care Center include chest abnormalities, cardiac defects, gastrointestinal disorders, renal and urological disorders, neurologic problems, fetal tumors, genetic abnormalities, and complications of multiple gestation pregnancies.
Our Care Team
Patient Story - The Calvins
A Father's Day message of gratitude to MUSC Women's Health from the parents of a healthy 14-year-old Evan.Read More
Patient Story - Katie Deerin
Find testimonial feedback from Katie Deerin on MUSC Health.Read More
Patient Story - Dr. Greenan
From the NICU team to the L&D nurses everyone was cheering Jack on. We are forever grateful for all of the love and care we received at MUSC Health.Read More
The team of pregnancy specialists includes:
- Urogynecology and Incontinence Specialists
- Maternal Health Specialists
- Physician Assistants
- Certified Midwives
- Nurse Practitioners
- Lactation Consultants
Our patients value delivery in our mother-baby suites. The suites are Baby-Friendly-designated showing that our hospital and birthing center offer the greatest level of care for infant feeding and mother/baby bonding.
Special features of our pregnancy services include Pull in services here:
- Leading maternal health specialists and the state’s only pediatric Level 1 NICU
- Preconception Counseling
- Centering Pregnancy® groups
- Natural, unmedicated childbirth
- Vaginal birth after cesarean
- Perinatal education classes
- Family-centered birth plan at our Baby Friendly designated hospital
- Adolescent pregnancy
- Genetic counseling
- Prenantal screening and diagnosis including first trimester screening, second trimester screening
- State-of-the-art 3D and 4D obstetrical ultrasounds
- Mother’s Milk Bank of South Carolina
- Twins, Triplets, and more
- Help with high-risk pregnancies at our Prenatal Wellness Center and Advanced Fetal Care Center
- Pregnancies with medical complications in the mother, including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and other endocrine disorders, and kidney or gastrointestinal (GI) disease
- Pregnancy complications including recurrent preterm labor and delivery, recurrent pregnancy loss, premature rupture of membranes, twins and triplets (or more) abnormal genetic screening tests, and suspected fetal growth restriction
- Postpartum mood disorders
- Women’s Reproductive Behavior Health Program
- Infectious reproductive system diseases while pregnant, including recurring yeast infections, bacterial vaginosis, HIV, and more
- Prenatal nutritional guidance
- Lactation clinic and breastfeeding classes
- Perinatal Education Classes