- Lactation consultation for MUSC Health patients who are experiencing problems with breastfeeding or who are pumping for their infants.
- Lactation consultation for mothers of hospitalized infants.
- Medical management of lactation problems including mastitis, sore nipples, low milk supply, and engorgement.
- Phone availability for lactation information.
- Breast pump information, rental, and sales.
We believe that any breast milk a mother can provide for her infant is precious, so our goal is to support, educate, and help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals. Many of our visits are screening visits, for which there is no charge. For more involved visits, we bill for lactation consultation services. Most insurance companies, including Medicaid, cover this service.
For general information or pump rentals, please call 843-792-0410.
To contact a specific lactation consultant with whom you've worked, please call them directly using the list below.